Employment at the BEST WESTERN Greenfield Inn
Director of Sales
BEST WESTERN Greenfield
3000 Enterprise Drive
Allen Park, Michigan 48101
The BEST WESTERN Greenfield Inn in Allen Park is looking for a Director of Sales. The Director of Sales is responsible for selling, booking and managing sales in all major market segments including corporate, tours, groups and leisure travelers. The Greenfield Inn is a full service hotel located near Greenfield Village and Henry Ford Museum. If you are a high-energy, hands-on leader with experience in the business, leisure and group sales– we want you on our team! A significant amount of time is devoted to outside sales. The job requires some travel.
Sales calls and selling; making sales calls
- The Director of Sales is responsible for coordinating and participating in the direct sales effort in the group, corporate, leisure and travel markets.
- Make sales appointments and cold calls to consistently prospect accounts for all direct sales segments.
- Responsible for establishing a client base through outside sales and inside sales efforts.
- Must travel locally to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel and review competition.
- Regularly contact existing accounts
- Greet guests, groups, tours during events.
- Understand room types and rates.
- Make room reservations.
- Communicate and interact with Best Western Corporate Sales people and Lafayette Hotels Director of Sales.
- Set-up and conduct site inspections for prospective clients.
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections, etc.
- Conducts professional, well prepared property tours for corporate accounts by explaining hotel services, assessing customer needs and demonstrating value by selling the benefits of booking at the Greenfield Inn.
- Make sales presentations.
- Generate proposals and write contracts.
- Negotiate with clients and prepare business proposals which meet clients’ needs and expectations; provide alternatives as needed to close the sale.
- Prepare contracts, proposals, confirmation letters, thank you notes, follow up letters and all sales-related correspondence.
- Respond to all correspondence from clients.
- Maintain accurate, legible records and files to provide group history ensure future and current quality service and enhance future prospects.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of specified hotel information, correspondence, reports and files.
- Create Sales/Press kits.
Meetings and trade shows
- Represent hotel at trade shows and in industry trade associations.
- Attend and participate in weekly or periodic hotel sales/staff meetings.
- Attend monthly meetings of assigned professional organizations.
- Actively participate in key trade & business associations to generate business leads and increase hotel visibility.
- Identify and analyze competition, both locally and regionally.
- Analyze competitor-pricing to ensure that our rates are appropriate relative to the competition.
- Maintain knowledge of competitor’s sales and convention programs, including reader board monitoring at area hotels, in order to generate future leads and to be aware of the caliber of service delivered at our competitors.
- Know the competition’s top accounts, rates and sales strategies on an ongoing basis.
- Stay abreast of trends in the marketplace.
- A four-year college degree in hospitality management, marketing, business or related degree or equivalent experience.
- Hotel sales experience preferred.
- Must be outgoing and have the ability to communicate well in person and in writing
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Outside sales call experience and prospecting for new business experience a must
- Local candidates only. No relocation will be offered. Local market knowledge required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Position will be based at the hotel with some travel required.
- Must have the ability to close business
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, customer database management, sales tracking software (ie: Delphi)
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
JOB POSTING: Hotel Director of Sales
The Best Western Greenfield Inn in Allen Park is looking for a Director of Sales. If you are a high-energy, hands-on person with experience in hotel sales– we want you on our team! A significant amount of your time will be devoted to outside sales. May require some travel. Requires a college degree. This is a full-time, year-round job with great benefits, including health insurance, paid vacations, 401(k) and much more. We value experience but are more interested in your attitude than in what you know. For a complete description of the job go to www.bestwesterngreenfield.com/sales. Send resume and salary requirements to: [email protected]